February, the month of love – loser love to be exact. No, I’m not trying to be cliche. Although, February does pay homage to Valentine’s Day as well as National Heart Month. Rather than get caught up in the Hallmark holiday hub-lah, February is forever ours as it a month to celebrate and treasure us. In a small, practical celebration we rang in 4 years together and anticipated the next year ahead of us.
It’s hard to believe that February has come and gone. And, we even had an extra day than usual – I think. I’m not so sure how this leap-year February thing works other than the number of dates in February fluctuate. Crazy how fast time flies by. Throw in a wedding to plan and it warps the speed of time in it’s favor – ultra fast. While struggling to find a balance between work and life, wedding plans were caught somewhere in between.
I dove head-first into February with high hopes and energy to accomplish my expectations. Well, I’m not so sure I can stand with my arms raised in victory; however, we’ve made progression. And progression is better than regression. While at times there seems not to be enough time, energy or support to be completely on the bandwagon. You learn to make-do with exactly what you have and where you are going.
And we sure are going somewhere, now folks! We’ve got a minor list of accomplishments to celebrate. So, let’s grab that wine bottle, uncork it and pour ourselves a glass of vino… or two – I could use that wine bottle after all…
1. Airfare is not our best friend. It’s no secret, airfare prices suck. There’s no other way to explain it. With hopes of hitting the tropics for a honeymoon, the options are endless but oh-so quickly narrowed down, thank you oil prices. For now, we are continuing to work on a destination in favor of handing this task off to someone more experienced. Thank you very much.
2. Welcomed, With a Check to Deposit. It shouldn’t be a surprise, a wedding is expensive. However, there’s no stopping you from asking Why, does it cost that much? I’ve asked it countless times already, but seriously? How much does it cost to get married in a church? No wonder people are favoring the off-site locations for vows to be exchanged. We’re on the calendar – and their hand is in our pocket book.
3. Hotel Block is in Zach’s court. Enough said.
4. How many connections do you have? Turns out we know more people than we realized. With leads for both our shuttle/party bus and a florist, we’re sitting pretty. Much to my dismay, final details aren’t wrapped up; however, they are in the works and off the initial to-do platform.
5. Call me the Queen.. Queen Detailer. I’ve had it up to my eyeballs with budget detailing. It’s as done as it will ever be. I’m sure I’ll share it one day here, but all that’s left to say is I know the big picture, I know the categorical figure and I will learn to negotiate. The end.
Thank you February for reminding us why we are where we are – engaged and preparing to spend the rest of our lives together. Time may fly by, people may upset you and items may be left on your to-do list. However, with you by my side, I know that it’s all OK. Life goes on and when it comes down to it, all that matters is you and me, baby.
Another month gone, and 8 months more to go.
Read more CuffLinks here.